Let's Start Things Off

I know that many of you have been longing in anticipation over this, so here it is. Now if all goes according to plan (which it rarely does, but we'll give it a shot) I will try to keep this updated as often as I can over the summer. I will try to do it weekly if possible but I am not quite sure how much access I will have to the internet. But here is master plan for the summer:

May 16th: Leave Philly
May 18th: Arrive in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
May 21st: Start working in the orphanage and local school in Arusha, Tanzania
June 8th: End Tanzania program
June 9th - 15th: Wandering around Tanzania
June 15th: Fly out of Tanzania and head for Australia
June 16th: Arrive in Darwin, Australia
June 17th: Start Alternative Energy Class in Australia
June 17th - July 30th: All over Australia doing a variety of random things
August 1st: Arrive back in Philly

So that's the idea, I'll see how close I can stick to the plan. I will also try to post pictures from the trips up here on the blog as well. I am also going to set-up a Skype account so I will be able to stay in contact through that as well. In Australia I will have access to the internet much more than I will in Tanzania, so that's when you have a better shot of getting a hold of me. Well that's all I have for now. The next post should be from Tanzania!

Some other useful links:
Tanzania: http://www.ifrevolunteers.org/
Australia: http://www.studyabroad.unsw.edu.au/index.cfm?page=110


Category:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are going to have a blast... dont miss me... uh i mean us too much!!!!

LInda said...

cool site!

mary Jo Hahn said...

Can still remember having ice cream at Krieders dicussing your college plans...now you are off traveling around the world for this once in a lifetime opportunity. We wish you a safe and memorable trip.
God bless,
The Hahns

Unknown said...

haha, nice blog. Put as many pics as you can. We will try to not miss you so much!!!

Brian Cai

John Aranowicz said...

Steven,

I am very happy for you. You are going to have a blast. Let me know when you need some “ice cream” money, I sure there is a Western Union in the area.

Uncle John

Like? Repost it...