I just can't wait...

...to get back on the road again (well more like train tracks) so it's time to keep everyone posted on what I'm up to. Here's a quick itinerary that is still being formed, but hopefully it gives you a better idea of where I'll be and when.

June 10: Malmo, Sweden
June 11-14: Amsterdam, Netherlands
June 15: Luxembourg
June 16-17: Interlaken, Switzerland
June 18: Stuttgart, Germany
June 19-20: Berlin
June 21-22: Vienna, Austria
June 23: Rome, Italy
June 30: Venice, Italy
July 1-5: Paris, France
July 6-10: Southern France
July 11-18: Taize, France
July 19-21: Chinqueterra, Italy
July 31 - Aug 13: Istanbul, Turkey
Aug 14: Lancaster, USA

Throughout my trip, I will be talking with people along the way about sustainability and hopefully hearing a variety of perspectives, opinions and questions regarding the topic. The goal is to record and document these conversations and post them online to share with others. I've found that people are too often afraid to talk about issues they aren't fully knowledgeable of or comfortable with - I know I feel this way at times - but if we wait to talk about sustainability until we fully understand it, then we will most likely have missed our chance to capitalize on the urgent action needed to transform our society. My goal is to just spark some of those conversations, regardless of where they begin from.

I will be launching the website soon, along with a few other friends of mine who will be contributing to the project, and we'd love to hear your thoughts as well. Stay tuned for more information about it, until then, check out Curbside Conversations to get an idea of the larger purpose the trip will work towards.

Currently I'm in Malmo finalizing my visa for the summer (always an enjoyable experience) and then tonight I head off on the train towards Amsterdam where I will be arrive tomorrow morning. This upcoming weekend, I will be participating in an initiative called Oasis and working to revitalize and empower a local community in Amsterdam by helping them realize their own dreams. It should be an exciting opportunity and I can't wait for the opportunity to serve with others once again. I've realized that I miss moments like the Spring Break trips to Louisiana and helping at the orphanage in Tanzania, so my time in Amsterdam should be a perfect segway after finishing up my time in Sweden.

Well time to go pick up my visa and get this pack off of my back for a bit. Photography and videography is a blast - but someone should really invest in lightweight gear :) I hope to keep in touch with everyone this summer and do write comments on my posts with ideas or questions about what I'm up to, it always helps come up with future blog posts. Thanks for the support as always and hope to see many of you soon!

No comments:

Like? Repost it...