WYC and getting to Turkey

So with the thesis (nearly) behind me, it's time to really start focusing on plans for this summer. There's a lot of things on my plate right now and I'm extremely excited for all of the possibilities ahead. I will be traveling throughout Europe and ending my travels in Istanbul, Turkey at the beginning of August. I've been selected as a delegate to the 5th World Youth Congress and will be meeting with and working alongside an incredible range of individuals - from passionate youth, to UN and governmental officials, and skilled professionals working in the development field. The Congress will be a fantastic blend of cultures from around the world and will be the perfect ending to a year of inspiration, learning and relationship-building.

Below is a quick video introducing the Congress. I am beginning to seek supporters who would be interested in supporting me to travel to the event as well. The Congress is generously covering all costs (from food, housing, and travel) during the conference time period, I just need to find funding to support my travel to and from Istanbul.



If you would be interested in supporting me on this journey, please get in touch through email and visit my support page. I would be quite excited to share my experience from the Congress with you in a way that is most beneficial to you as an individual or organization, and if you have any specific ideas I would be quite excited to hear how I could plug into other efforts.

Time to start planning for the summer!! (and most importantly how I can align which countries I will be in this summer according to when that country is playing in the world cup - it may be a summer of hanging out in the sports bars :) )

No comments:

Like? Repost it...