Pictures, but just a few

So the internet still takes forever but I thought it would be worth the ten minutes to upload 1 picture so that you could see the kids. Check out the 2 other new posts below!So this is inside the orphanage and is our dinner table. You can imagine the three of us sitting on these tiny seats eating dinner every night, it's quite the funny site. I'll try to name all the kids in the picture above starting with the guy in the red shirt with his hands up and working clockwise: Simon, Jackeline, Daniel, Clara, Mosess, Everest, Flora, Sofina, Vialeth, Catherine, Schola, Ester, Johnny, David
The kids above are random kids we met on the road one day as they were walking back from school, so I don't know they're names. We were just walking and the next second all the kids came running at us and were holding our hands. It was a really neat experience on one of the first days here.Yeah, I think this picture sums up the trip quite well, we do a lot of this around the orphanage.
But every now and then we actually do something productive, here I am helping two of the kids with their homework. I'm realizing that it is very difficult to help 7 kids with homework at the same time. However I am getting very good at writing my alphabet, especially the letter e.
And every now and then we get jealous of all the fun the kids get to have, so we throw each other around.

So that took an hour to upload, so I hope you enjoy them, ha. I miss everyone back home and wish you were here to see everything! I'll write back soon!

Category: ,

4 comments:

LInda said...

HI, I laughed so hard reading this that I am crying!! And for the record, Spud LOVED bananas as a little guy (sorry Spud for the harassment to follow, but I have my honor to protect as a mom), and I obviously need to provide a little more mothering after reading about your 4am visit to the wild! so I am figuring out a way to be at college 24/7 until you learn NEVER TO ROAM THE JUNGLES AT 4 AM ON YOUR OWN!!!!!!! love you much, MOM

Anonymous said...

Guys,
Sounds like so much fun!
Just a little motherly advice... not a good idea to go barefoot in Africa!! Many parasites, worms etc. that penetrate the foot and end up in the intestines.
Love,
Mrs. Cook
PS I will tell Lindsay to call you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Steven,

I had to take a break from reading your stories, I was ready to pee in my pants. (I thought that would be an appropriate comment since many of the stories revolve around bodily functions!)

I think it would be only fair that you try the banana since your buddy had to eat the eggs! Besides bananas are full of good nutrition and you could probably use some extra vitamins. Okay enough advice on eating well.

I don't have any stories to share in our lives that would compare to what you all are experiencing. However, You will come home extra skinny and I have grown quite the BELLY over the past week.

I can't wait to keep reading what you are doing next on this adventure.

Take care, stay safe, love you,
Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh my I just need to comment on the comment from Mrs.Cook. PLEASE wear your shoes....I saw a program on the parasites that can grow in your intestines and it was so GROSS. Trust me you do not want to have a huge worm or more like a snake exiting your body!!!

HA! HA! Aunt Kim

Like? Repost it...