Quick Update

So Australia has been keeping me quite busy over the past week. Our final project and presentation is on Thursday and as things typically go, we’re all working on it down to the last minute. My project is on energy and sustainable design for developing countries and what is the correct way to approach aid work in developing countries. It’s an awesome topic so I’m not complaining. Conveniently this topic will most likely be very similar to my thesis topic so it’s like I’m getting a jump start on it. On Friday, a group of us went to the Blue Mountains which is about a 2 hour drive from Sydney. At the base of the mountains is an entire rainforest which we were able to hike to. We then took a train car which has the steepest slop (52 degrees) in the world. It was a wild ride. I sat in the front, which was actually the back (I was facing the valley) and there was no seat belt or front to keep you in, it was a little more intense than I expected. The next day we went out on the Harbor and went Whale Watching. Well I guess we actually went out to sea, but we started on the Harbor. Out of about 200 people on the boat, about 100 of them were throwing up, even the lady over the loudspeaker telling us about the whales got sick. It was pretty crazy, but we did end up seeing two whales which swam under and around our boat for nearly 2 hours. It was awesome!! And now it’s Tuesday night and we’re cramming to get our project done. I needed a break from the Engineering style writing for a bit so I jumped back to the blog. After writing creatively for the entire summer, I’ve realized that engineering papers are extremely dry, they’re much harder to write. Anyway, it’s time that I get back to work. Lancaster count down…15 days!

No comments:

Like? Repost it...